Hong Kong Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Hong Kong, a British colony turned Chinese ‘special administrative region’, can be described as a city with many faces. It started out as a cluster of fishing villages but with time Hong Kong has become a thriving metropolis. A primarily Chinese society governed by the British for over a century, it has carved out a Hong Kong culture that provides the city with an identity; materialistic but also very spiritual. Those who like to frequent the most luxurious shopping malls also shop at the markets. Traders who look at computer screens all day also enjoy the mountains and the seas outside. Hong Kong is a city of contrasts that provides endless opportunities for exploration. Join our Hong Kong tours and we will give you all the insider knowledge and local tips to start you on your Hong Kong urban adventures!
from 7 reviews
From USD 49.00
You may have been to Hong Kong before but do you know the story of how it came to be? Join this Hong Kong tour to walk the streets with a local guide who'll give you the inside story of this dizzying city.more...
Around Kowloon in 8 Markets
from 10 reviews
From USD 49.00
Before online shopping, megamalls, supermarkets, and eBay, retail trade was solely done at markets. Join this Hong Kong tour to get the lowdown on all the market action, from fresh fruit at Yau Ma Tei fruit market to precious stones at the Jade Market, and fresh ferns at the Flower Market.more...
Old vs New Hong Kong
from 6 reviews
From USD 49.00
Experience the mash up of old and new that is modern Hong Kong! You'd be forgiven for thinking that there's nothing more to this financial mecca than bright lights and skyscrapers. Join this Hong Kong tour to see the slow, traditional side as well as the frenetic futurism it's known for.more...
Hong Kong After Dark From USD 49.00
Calling the adventurous and the romantics, the shopaholics and the serenity seekers! We’ve got all your urban loves covered with this night walking tour that shows off Hong Kong after dark. You’ll explore different pockets of the city, from ethnic minority communities to glamourous Tsim Sha Tsui, from peaceful parks to glittering skylines.You’ll learn about Hong Kong’s growth from fishing village to cultural capital, and get a local’s perspective on life after the sun goes down.more...
Kowloon Food Safari
from 3 reviews
From USD 49.00
Don’t know your dim sum from your wonton? Become an expert in Cantonese cuisine with this Hong Kong food tour that explores Kowloon’s most authentic restaurants, markets, and food stalls. Be warned: this safari takes you far off the tourist trail, to locals’ favourite haunts in Hong Kong’s working class community. Sit elbow-to-elbow with locals, learn about the history and traditions of Chinese food, and put your chopsticks to work.more...
Hong Kong Highs and Lows From USD 49.00
Get a unique opportunity to learn what it really means to live in Hong Kong. Experience the city’s two sides, luxurious districts and struggling communities, and find out what’s being done to improve the city’s once-neglected neighbourhoods. Along the way, learn about Hong Kong’s history and gain a newfound appreciation for the life of Hong Kongers, from the richest of rich to the poorest of poor.more...
ARTHK (Hong Kong Art Fair)
Place: Convention and Exhibition Centre, Wan Chai - [ 26/05/2015 - 29/05/2015 ]
Art HK is held annually at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in Wan Chai. The Art Fair features exhibitors that include the most important galleries from the Asia Pacific area. At the event you will see features from leading galleries from the West such as Gagosian Gallery, Hauser & Wirth, Lisson Gallery, Galerie Emmanuel Perrotin and White Cube.Dragon Boat Festival
Place: All over Hong Kong - [ 06/06/2015 ]
Dragon boat racing is held annually during the Dragon Boat Festival. It is one of the most exciting sports and cultural events here in Hong Kong. The popularity of the event attracts people to participate as teams as well as cheerleaders or just audience. The races are held all over the city at many different locations, but mostly on the coast.Le French May
Place: All over Hong Kong - [ 23/04/2015 - 23/06/2015 ]
Le French May is organized by the Consulate General of France and the Alliance Française and is held annually. It is the biggest French Arts Festival in Asia Pacific and is one of the city’s most high profile cultural festivals. Since it first started in 1993, Le French May has presented more than 500 cultural events ranging across a wide spectrum of disciplines such as visual arts, music, performing arts and cinema.
Le French May Arts Festival is held with the aim to promote cultural collaborations and exchanges between Hong Kong and French artists and audience.more events...
more... more stories...
11 May 2015 Danny was an excellent guide in Hong Kong. Highly recommended and a definite must do again
12 Apr 2015 Danny was a fantastic guide - lots of great information about Hong Kong as well as the great food.
04 Apr 2015 I took 3 tours( markets tour, food tour and high vs low) and really enjoyed all te tours. It's an excellent way to visit many places in a short period of time and get a great overview of Hong Kong and how the local people live. I highly recommend these tours. The tour guide was really energetic and knowledgeable. These tours are a must do if you visit HK.
21 Mar 2015 David was an interesting and knowledgeable guide!
23 Feb 2015 Dany knows Hong Kong and loves to share. He listens to the group and goes as makes sense. Loved his style and how much he fit into the short time! THANKS!
03 Jan 2015 Danny was an excellent guide, the tour is fascinating takes you to places you would not find without local knowledge
12 May 2014 This trip more than matched my expectations. Danny took us places we would never have seen otherwise.
19 Mar 2014 We had a great time with Danny! He infused historical knowledge about Hong Kong throughout our tour, and he paused to point out local specialties like egg tarts and pear tea! The markets were diverse and captivating. Thanks, Danny!
16 Feb 2014 I really recommend this tour. Danny is an excellent guide - approachable and knowledgeable. I saw so many things that I wouldn't have noticed if I was just walking by myself. I recommend these tours for solo travellers as well as groups. Excellent.
03 Jan 2014 A really great tour. Our guide was really enthusiastic and we saw much more that we would have done on our own in a short space of time.
Hong Kong Urban Adventures is dedicated to offering thematic tours. Instead of just looking at the main photos ops, our Hong Kong tours help you explore and understand the city. Whether it is history, art, architecture, religion or market culture that you are interested in, we would make sure that our Hong Kong tours would give you a thorough and enjoyable experience exploring all the best of Hong Kong.
Feels like: 26°C
Sprinkles. Passing clouds. Warm.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.